Interior & Exterior House Painting Services in Englewood, New Jersey
LIME Painting® of North Jersey is a residential and commercial painting company that specializes in the industry’s best products and procedures to ensure: quality prep, quality products, custom results, and lasting impressions. LIME’s team, which consists of Home Advisors and some of New Jersey’s best craftsmen, support that effort. LIME services interior and exterior painting for residential and commercial properties in Englewood.
LIME’s expectation for customer excellence has made LIME Englewood's most trusted and highly recommended painting company. Working with LIME Painting® of North Jersey is easy, enjoyable, and refreshing!
Facts about Englewood, New Jersey
Located in Bergen County, Englewood is a city that’s home to more than 28,000 people. Officially incorporated in 1899, the city was created out of portions of Ridgefield Township and Englewood Township. At the time of the incorporation, Englewood Township ceased to exist.
There is more than one origin claimed for the name of the city. One legend draws on the area’s earlier designation of English Neighbourhood”, since it was the first English-speaking community on the Jersey side of the Hudson River after New Netherland was annexed. The other legend identifies the Engle family, as the source.
For a short time in 1906-1907, Englewood was the site of the Helicon Home Colony, established as an intentional community governed by the use of socialist principles. The colony was not rebuilt after a fire in 1907.
The city was among the first to be tested for direct dial telephone service in 1951. This new technology allowed subscribers to dial others directly within a defined calling zone without the aid of an operator. This was soon expanded to allow for longer distance dialing, using a three-digit code along with the seven-digit phone number.
Englewood is home to a number of sites that are on the National Register of Historic Places. Some of them are the John G. Benson House, the Thomas Demarest House, and St. Paul's Episcopal Church.